Re: [OM] HAL is watching you

Subject: Re: [OM] HAL is watching you
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>                       ---------------------ZZZZZZZAAAAAAP !
>--------------------
>
>Hello Siddiq...This is HAL, the automated guardian of all Zuikdom...the
>following is a message that I intercepted from your computer as you were
>posting it to rec.photo.equipment.35mm  recently...
>
> >>  <snip>  It was something I noticed while photo-ing and fiddling with an
>N8008s and Rebel (XS and 2000).  <<
>
>       REALLY ! ...did you think you could hide your flirtation with these
>"wonderbricks" from ME ?...mmmmm?...HAL is not amused...this is your first
>warning...severe consequences will follow any further violation...You are
>being watched....I will now return control of your keyboard to you.....now...
>go play with your OMs...
>       >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   H A L    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I can explain! Really!
The N8008s w/ 60/2.8 Micro-Nikkor belongs to the (entomology) lab I work
in as a student (work-study; engineering major). Since I'm the photo (and
computer) geek, a chap asked me to help him make slides. So I had some
time to fiddle with it; noisy bugger; huge; heavy; compared to OM...like
that photo of the OM4Ti, N90s and F100 in Keppler's article about MLU.
The XS belongs to an uncle, and I used it a couple of times for group
shots. Lens was a Tamron 28-80. My 50/1.8 MC blew it away in sharpness, no
contest. The R2k is a friends; I was looking at it--didn't take pictures.
However, since both he and I went to the Botanic Gardens and shot the same
stuff (me and my 50/3.5 MC macro, him and his 28-80 USM), I'll borrow his
prints and scan both mine and his as a repentance ;-)

/Acer Victoria
--
"All I ever wanted / All I ever needed / Is here in my arms / Words are
very unnecessary / They can only do harm"       Depeche Mode

http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/