Re: [OM] Q: opinions wanted on 500mm mirror lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: opinions wanted on 500mm mirror lenses
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:05:11 +0200
: Well, the single lens theory was an assumption.  However, he has the
: same pictures each time, so if he ain't showin the lens you're bidding
: on, well, he's just got no ethics, eh?

The 500mm that goes under
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=116512832
uses a picture from the e-SIF, which is a scan from (obviously) a brand new
lens printed in the OM System Lens Handbook.
IMHO when you don't mention the picture isn't exactly the item your selling
it's close to fraud.
I can imagine not everyone has a scanner or digicam, but then at least let
others know that What You See Is Not What You Get  (WYSINWYG). Besides he
did so without asking me which doesn't feel right to me either. Not that I
claim copyrights for it - after all, I also scanned it without asking
permission from Olympus, but since I don't want to be associated with any
e-Bay sales that are not mine I would have granted the use of this picture
*if* he had clearly stated it is just a sample.

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif.htm