Re: [OM] OM4T / hightlight & shadow control

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T / hightlight & shadow control
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:46:21 -0400
At 04:57 PM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:

>If you take more than one spot reading, it appears that hi.light adds
>two stops to the fastest spot, and shadow decreases 2 2/3 stops from
>the slowest reading. That is hi.light takes the brightest spot and
>sets the exposure 2 speeds slower (or +2 stops) while shadow takes the
>darkest reading (slowest speed) and sets the exposure 2 2/3 stops
>faster (or -2 2/3 stop).

One other interesting thing I noticed. If you watch the display, the
camera actually shows you the calculation it is doing, by first moving
the bar graph to the highest or lowest spot, then shifting it to the
right (+2 stops) or left (-2 2/3 stops) for hi.light or shadow
respectively.

Wayne
Holliston, MA