Re: [OM] OM4T / hightlight & shadow control

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T / hightlight & shadow control
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:58:25 -0400
John Lind wrote,

<<1.  The highlight appears to adjust shutter speed downward from the
*highest* spot reading.
<<2.  The shadow appears to adjust shutter speed upward from the *lowest*
spot reading.

I imagined that it would adjust from the average.  Isn't that the exposure
you
would get without the Hilight, Shadow buttons? The average of all readings.
I can see why the Hi / Sh  would be self defeating with multi spot.

<<Likewise if you want some detail in *all* the shadows you can
<<spot on all of them, hit the shadow button and it will adjust from the
<<deepest shadow.

Average all the shadows and you get 18 0ray of the average.
No need to use the shadow button then.  If you did some shadows
would be in the highlight zone.  No not twilight zone! :-)

Charlie L.
That's my opinion and if you don't like it I have others. ;-)