Re: [OM] OM-40/PC Advise needed...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-40/PC Advise needed...
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 06:56:37 -0400
DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

   I have had two OM-PCs. I love their ergonomics (without the winders)
and their lightness. I dropped one and killed it, the other one began
getting Degenerative Circuit Disease (DCD), gobbling batteries, and
locking up. I just bought another one, used, for $80, and it works fine.
Great camera.
I'll second Doris' opinion.  I have an OM-1 I've had for about 25
years.  I have an OM-2sp that I've had for about 8-10 years.  Despite
many more features the OM-2sp never displaced the OM-1 as the camera I
used the most.

Now I have an OM-PC which I bought for $63 very recently (I'd have been
willing to pay more).  I like it so much (for the way it handles and
feels) that I think it will become the camera I use most of the time.

This is the same OM-PC which was the subject of my recent post about
light leaks.  After another test roll I haven't been able to duplicate
the leak but will keep trying.  Maybe it isn't the camera afterall.
But, even if it is, I will pursue the problem till it's fixed since I
like this camera a lot.

I've been communicating off-list with Dan Lau who has experienced leaks
with his OM-PC (see 1997 archives, "uneven exposure" threads).  He won't
give up his OM-PC either.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts