Re: [OM] Lens Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Question
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:54:07 EDT
In a message dated 99-06-18 08:20:37 EDT, you, Jeffrey,  write:

> He's interested in buying a Cambron lens from Cambridge Camera in New
>  York. Does anyone have anything good to say about their lenses. The one
>  in question is a 55-225/3.5-5.6 Macro 1:2 lens. The price is $160. How do
>  their lenses compare with Vivitar's.

Not specifically about the lens but the whole store has the world's worst
reputation for honesty. They will overcharge you on your credit card, strip
your camera of accessories, never credit you after they agree to, charge you
a restocking fee for returns, etc. etc. Please look up Cambridge Cam. in
Dejanews and you'll see what I mean. He would be better off sending his money
to a complete stranger in Rec.Photo than to Cambridge Cam.

He would be much better off with a 50/1.8 and a Zuiko 100-200 if he's on a
budget.

Warren