Re: [OM] Lens Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Question
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:40:46 -0500
GMA wrote:
>Here's a competing lens? The much-heralded breakthru lens from Nikon
>which has macro focussing thruout it's zoom range of 70-180, although
>I'm not sure it's 1:2.  It's a 4.5-5.6 lens. Price?  $1000.

I checked out the new Nikon lens.  Pretty cool!  You would never expect a
zoom lens to focus down to a couple inches.  It is mostly done internally
with little extension so there is minimal light loss.  Downside?  Weight
and center of gravity.  It was difficult to stabilize this lens on either
the F5 or F100 for vibration free macro work.  The Nikon lensmount really
is too small.

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306