Re: [OM] OM-40/PC Advise needed...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-40/PC Advise needed...
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:24:23 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx ..
>.. but belonging to this list exposes us to _everyone's_ problems
>and you start thinking: "That sounds like MY (fill in the blank-
>OM-1,2,3,4,10,PC,77,88,2000) body! "  And start worrying if you made the
>right decision! Whereas if you didn't belong to the list, you might only
>know one or two other OM users and never hear about the problems!
>Scheesch!

You're right there, George. I was a happy Pen FT user for years until I
joined the Pen F Register, a postal club for users. Their newsletter kept us
up to date on the spare parts stock at Olympus UK, and the day I read that
there were no more shutter brake assemblies to be had anywhere in the
country I panicked and sold my beloved Pen FT, which had never given me any
kind of trouble. What an idiot! When I joined this List I promised myself
that I wouldn't over-react to such news again, after all, reliability is
largely a matter of chance. My first electronic flashgun was a National Lite
ST-38 and I had it for years without problems but I read later that it was
discontinued after only a couple of months because it was so unreliable.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx