Re: [OM] Re: Mail Order (was "Lens Question")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Mail Order (was "Lens Question")
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:04:27 -0400
I wouldn't trust anyone that had lower prices than B&H.  They'd have to be
suspect, and it's just not worth it.  I've dealt with B&H for many years,
and always they are the best.  They're catalogs and source books alone are
worth it.  Just be sure you know what you want either on the phone or in
person.

If you go to the store in NYC, they're open to discussions and browsing,
but it's a pretty busy place.  Just don't go on Friday, since they're run
by Orthodox Jews, they close at 2pm, and they really mean 2PM!  That goes
for the mail order desk too.  The place is a ghost town at 2:15.  Sunday AM
is the best day to do business if you need time to talk or browse.

$830 for an OM4T??!!  I DON"T THINK SO.  Me thinks something is amiss.
Maybe grey market?   In any case, I wouldn't bother.

Skip