Re: [OM] Velvia and the 2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia and the 2n
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:53:23 -0500
Jeff,

I always rate Velvia at 50 when shooting any of my OM bodies.  If anything, I
think some photographers rate it a little higher, say 64.  But whatever exposure
index you use should be based on your camera and your experience and your taste
in the final results.

Second, your OM-2n should not have a problem with "really dark shots" if the
entire subject is generally dark.  The OM-2 series excels at long automatic
exposures.  I think what you mean is that you will watch for are shots with both
really dark areas and light areas (high contrast subjects).  Here is where you
will want to adjust the exposure (bracket on the plus side), if the dark area is
a part of the composition that you still want detail in.

Good luck,
Gary Edwards