[OM] Shutter Speed Accuracy--How Important?

Subject: [OM] Shutter Speed Accuracy--How Important?
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:47:59 EDT
Hi Folks,

    I am under the impression that electronic shutter are generally more
accurate than mechanical. I know for instance that the Pentax 67 shutter is
stated to be accurate to within 10 percent. I assume (but haven't heard) that
the Olympus OM2, PC and 4 are similarly accurate.

    On the other hand, calibrated mechanical shutters are sometimes only
within 30 percent. The only mechanical shutter I know of that tested to
within 10 percent is the old Canon EF--and it was a hybrid mech/elec shutter
(with the faster speeds greater than 1/2 sec mechanical).  I seem to recall
that Leica Ms are only accurate to within 30%.

    My two questions are as follows:

    1) Are the above assertions true?

    2) If so, then how "sensitive" are people to shutters with 30% tolerance
        when shooting slide film? Say, the OM1 or OM3 versus the OM4?
        I know it's not worth knowing about when shooting print film.

Alex