Re: [OM] Looking for camera stoes in NY for 2nd handed Oly gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for camera stoes in NY for 2nd handed Oly gear
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:56:11 -0700
>From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
>
>At 08:10 PM 6/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Down side: whatever you buy in NYC will have 7.5ales tax added on...
>
>Make that 8.25%. And it will be waived if you get it shipped out of state.

Which in most cases, will be less than the tax. But who's gonna hold
something they've been lusting after in their hot, sweaty palm, and then
turn it over to UPS? :-)

In my case, it was worth the ~$70 in tax to take the 24 shift out on the
streets of New York, rather than have it arrive in Oregon a week later.
Sigh.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229