[OM] Flash with 16mm lens ??

Subject: [OM] Flash with 16mm lens ??
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:13:03 -0700
>From: HI100@xxxxxxx

>                        has anybody got any suggestions on using multiple
>flashes with the semi fisheye 16mm lens?

Use a brally. (That's "umbrella" for those not ruled by the Queen. :-)

>... I was thinking of combining two T32's...

You can fire more than one flash into an umbrella to increase output as needed.

>Ideally I don't want to cut the light with diffusers...

This is a common misconception. White diffusers don't "cut the light," they
simply spread it out more. When you spread out light, it is less intense at
any given point, but the energy is constant across the wider area (less a
tiny bit that goes into heating up the diffuser).

With an umbrella, you can make a 180 degree light source for your 16mm
lens. Then simply stick as many T-32s behind the umbrella as are needed to
provide adequate flash for the area you're covering.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229