Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:25:18 +0200
Richard Schaetzl wrote:

> Depends on the model. There are the "real" and expensive Leica
> Projectors, (Pradovit C, CA 250 150, 2502, Color 2, 2000, 2002 etc.
> essential the same model) and the medium to low price projectors, which
> were made by Kinderman, until Leica bought Zett.
> The top class Leitz/Leica projector design has not changed much and they
> were always very good projectors.

> The medium to low price Leica projectors are now made by Zett.

Which projectors are these? I know the Leica Pradovit P150 costs 1695 SKR
(approx.
US$ 197 or 368 DM) which is pretty cheap I think. So, are the P150 made by Zett?
More important: Is the quality to the negative as it is made by Zett rather than
by Leica?

> Slides get much hotter in an P150 than in the top models.

What temperature are we talking about? I could not find any temperature
mentioned
in the technical part of the different Leica projectors on their web site.
Also, what kind of temperature are should the projector have not to damage a
slide
(generally speaking)?

> I would expect an more noticable increase in quality with the P600
> model, based on the former top Zeiss-Ikon/Zett projector with metal base
> and an slide transport mechanism made out of metal parts.

Man, if I have to look as high as the P600 I definitely have to look for used
projectors...

> Another projector maker is Braun, their top models are comparable to the
> Leica P600 models at an more modest price (1/2 to 2/3 of Leica price).
> Look for the Paximat and avoid the Novamat models.

At Scandinavian Photo, a Paximat Multimag 250 CI-AF costs nearly as much as a
Leica P300 (3995 SKR and 4250 SKR (approx. US$ 464 and US$ 494 or 868 DM and 924
DM)).
Novamat 515 AF is said to have "only 53 degrees Celsius" (127.4 F) as
temperature.
Is that low or not?

On the whole I find this thread *very* interesting as I just happen to look for
projector! Want to hear something weird? I do have a quality screen but *no*
projector... Crazy!

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen