Re: [OM] slide projector handling

Subject: Re: [OM] slide projector handling
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:43:42 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/99 3:49:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I can't explain it too well. See the tech section on my page, Don
 Klipstein's link. "Soft Start" should be there somewhere (on Don's page).
 Basically, rapid temp changes are bad for filament life. The 'fan only' is
 there and should be used if a bulb blows during a show and you want to
 cool it as fast as possible so you can handle it (paper towel or cloth so
 you don't transfer oil to surface). HTH,

If the bulb blows, who cares how you handle it? Transfering oil to a bad bulb
will hardly make it worse. As an older user, the Kodak rep many years ago
said that it was better to leave the fan running to dissipate the heat that
builds up when the bulb is suddenly turned off. Leaving the fan on for a few
minutes is why they put a fan switch on the projector.

Roger
robinsnestphotography.com