RE: [OM] slide projector handling

Subject: RE: [OM] slide projector handling
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:16:32 -0500
>As an older user, the Kodak rep many years ago
> said that it was better to leave the fan running to dissipate the
> heat that
> builds up when the bulb is suddenly turned off. Leaving the fan
> on for a few
> minutes is why they put a fan switch on the projector.

OK, thought problem here. If the bulb is off, no more energy is being put
into the system, so the bulb itself won't experience 'heat buildup' if the
fan goes off at the same time.

There might be more of a problem with the slides still in the projector if
cooling air is no longer blowing past them, but the metal parts nearby are
still hot and radiating heat in their direction. I suspect that is the
fountainhead of the 'leave the fan on for a bit' ideology.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx