Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:27:11 +0100

Tim Hughes wrote:

> I bought my Pradovit Color used so I don't have the manual but I opened up
> the top cover and checked the condenser assembly which is easily removable
as
> a unit without needing unscrewing or anything. It has stamped on it a
range
> from 60..120 which I assume means that the condensor is designed for that
> range of focal lengths.

Thanks for that advice. Well, I opened up my Pradovit Color and found the
condenser assembly marked '50  37210  V', from which I conclude that I'm
restricted to the 50mm lens after all, which is a f2.5 Elmaron, recessed so
far back in the mount that it has three pegs sticking out to enable manual
focus. It does have full frame coverage though - the only real drawback of
the 50mm lens is that the 50 slide magazines can't be used because they
obscure the projected image when they're racked fully forward.

This model has no autofocus either, but has remote focussing with slide
changing buttons at the end of a lead. It is a superbly made projector,
nearly all metal with almost every plate marked 'Leitz Wetzlar Germany.' I
found a block of foam (not sticky) in the cover enclosing a spare fan belt.

Instead of a 90mm lens I suppose the logical thing for me to do is to buy
another half frame camera for use with slide film.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx