[OM] machine prints

Subject: [OM] machine prints
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:42:25 +0000
In doing my thing for the ADITL biz I have made a nice discovery.

If you ask, the person operating the dreaded 'machine which thinks it knows
best'
may turn off its little brain so your negs are printed without automatic colour
or
exposure - Aheeemm - 'correction'

Oh joy, oh rapture!

I mucked around with a couple colour altering filters and did not want the
inevitable attempt to undo what I had intended.

Is it any surprise that I am more pleased with the results I got sans
correction
than those I usually get with it ;-)

SOP from now on!

I am not talking about a processor in a real lab or even one in a shop that
does
nothing but film processing.  This was one stuck in the corner of a chemist.

The young priest of processing may have gone glassy eyed when I enquired of the
possibility of setting it to just 18 0rey, but by crikey he knew how to put it
in
neutral!

There was a slightly comic dialogue with the priestess of processing when I
returned
to pick up my prints.

"that'l be four pounds eighty please so" - pause while she reads the docket -
"Oh,
you wanted no correction and you don't want a free filum?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Ah, I was wondering why the price he charged you was less than usual - it's
cheaper
without the free filum"

I kid you not.

Giles