[OM] mondomonopods and suppot

Subject: [OM] mondomonopods and suppot
From: "Jeff Borenstein" <jsb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:33:28 -0400
As i was looking at my current tripod and its lack of a quickrelease system
i began looking at other options.  I will be shooting velvia 50 in mainly
overcast skies for the most part i think.  I dont have any major glass..with
the longest prime being the 135/3.5 and a 70-200 4..5/5.6 sigma.
Ill be ripping away with the 50/1.8 and the 28/3.5 the most i bet.  Anyhow,
back to my support situations.  I have a feeling im going to be getting
pretty low shutter speeds with the veliva. Is it worth lugging the tripod
around with the om2n attached all the time?  I dont have the cash for a nice
tripod with quick release, but these monopods are a little more like it.  I
guess i can get a nice bogen with a tilt head for about 50 or 60 bucks with
quick release.  I should be able to shoot in the 1/15 - 1/30 range no
problem with the 50 prime on right?  Is it worth it? BTW, the price is about
same for ballhead, but i dont think there is much of an advantage.  Should i
look into faster film?  Push velvia to 100?  Use the tripod with the slow as
mollases screw in mount and lug it around?  Or invest in a monopod from B&H
and hope for the best?  I leave saturday morning so if im going to order
anything it MUST be wednesday morning at the latest.  I appreciate any and
all comments.

-Jeff
P.S.  That little joke about mens nipples from that guy, what a riot!