Re: [OM] The SWITCH of DISCORD.

Subject: Re: [OM] The SWITCH of DISCORD.
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:37:02 -0400
Some of what Kelton wrote,

<<The question, "Should you let the projector's fan run, after the bulb is
turned off, or just shut the whole unit off," appears to be the APPLE OF
DISCORD of questions to projectionists (if this reference doesn't make
sense to you, reread your Greek mythology). Ask an individual (and I have
asked dozens) and you get cock-sure answers brimming with confidence --
BUT NO CONSENSUS. Ask a group this same question and you get a verbal
BRAWL, as we have started here. Since I helped ignite the divisiveness
with a question I knew might go ballistic, perhaps I can help "cool" it
now. >>

How about some real world experience from those of you who use
projectors a lot?
How long do your bulbs last, with and without running the fan after shutting
down the bulb?

That should be more telling than all this thinking stuff.  :-)

Charlie L.