Re: [OM] mondomonopods and suppot

Subject: Re: [OM] mondomonopods and suppot
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:02:55 EDT

> Is it worth lugging the tripod
>  around with the om2n attached all the time?  I dont have the cash for a
nice
>  tripod with quick release, but these monopods are a little more like it

Monopods are worth only about 1-2 stops worth of shutter speed, but it you
keep your tripod you can attach a quick release to it. If you can unscrew
your head (tripos that is), Bogen makes a 3262QR ball head with quick release
($43).  Or you can just buy the quick release plate and adapter for your
present head. This was you can use the wonderful long exposure capabilities
of your OM2n. Even if your tripod is a little shakey, I don't think it
matters much with exposure times less than 1 second.

Warren