[OM] Soligor lenses

Subject: [OM] Soligor lenses
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:48:33 +0200
Soligor is producing about 10 lenses with Olympus mount (BTW, very
cheap compared to Zuikos) - mainly zooms.  Do somebody on list have
experiences with quality of them? Soligor is German company but they
looked cooperate with Cosina and I am very afraid about quality of
their lenses ... But buy the new 28/2,8 lens for less than $80 looks
very atractive to me ( Zuiko 28/2,8 costs by Olympus Slovakia nearly
exactly $500 - and yes, they are $US). I did not see any Soligor lens
test on Reeses page. Why?

What is very interesting to me is mirror 500mm/5,6. They sale it with
adaptall T2 for various camera brands. It is app. 1,2 kg. Do somebody
have experiences with this lens (and its bokeh)?  It is nearly "macro"
(nearest focus point 1,8 m).
I am a long time playing with following idea: By us is possibly buy
500/5,6 and 1000/10,5 mirror lenses with M42x1 screw. The first is
about $170 new and the second I just saw for $70 used. But for those I
need adapter M42x1 to OM mount (and I have no idea where and how to
find it - as you all broke my ideas buy it by CCE). I will probably
not focus to infinity - but by 500 reflex I will probably not focus to
infinity ...
But now I saw this Soligor -German production - and direct  designed
for Olympus (and all other brands). It is 2 times more expensive, that
is true ...  I would not buy mirror 8 stop, but by 5,6 ...  The
problem with Zuikos is that they are best for macro but any satisfied
long tele option for nature photography ...

Gejza Dunay
Slovakia