Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and suppot

Subject: Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and suppot
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:19:19 -0400
Snip from Ron Crabtree,  (that's from not at)

>If you are shooting Velvia (probably at ISO 40)

Could you all enlighten me as to why I see this so much.
Rating film lower would add exposure.
Now, I never used Velveeta, er, Velvia but
with KR64 I usually get better color saturation
with 1 stop under exposure.
Isn't that the purpose of Velvia?  Saturation.
And why 1/3 stop as a general rule?

KR64 is usually good at 64 for shadow detail though.
BTW,  I just got some test Kodacrome200 back and it is GRAINYYY.
Can a lab process trannies poorly and add grain?
Maybe too hot of a temperature at a shorter dev. time?

Charlie L.