Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: Contax AX question

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: Contax AX question
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:20:06 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:56:32 -0400, Tom Trottier wrote:

>Also, why don't the cameras which load automatically initially wind all
>the film to the take-up spool, then start taking pictures, going
>"backwards" - then the camera would know exactly how many frames are
>left. Perhaps some do?

I believe APS cameras work this way. Another advantage to "backwards
winding" (Paul is dead, Paul is dead...) is that if the camera is
acidentally opened, the exposed shots are safe inside the cannister,
and you only ruin unexposed film. Not tomention the fact that if your
winder goes crazy at the end of the roll, it just winds the film into
the cannister instead of ripping it loose.

Great idea- I'm sure Olympus will add that feature to the OM-5 and 6
(along with 1/32,000 shutter speed and flash sync, optional AF,
shutter priority/aperture priority/program exposure modes,integral
motor, etc. all in a package slightly smaller than the OM-1 and
stillfully compatible with the entire line of AM accessories and
Zuiko lenses.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel