Re: [OM] OT: Various films

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Various films
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:01:51 -0400
Tech pan is the undisputed resolution king of Kodak films.  The film's
effective speed and contrast is determined by the development process.  By
adjusting development time, temperature or developer type, the speed can be
increased or contrast moved from low to very high.  It is a favorite of
astro shooters when hypered for its resolving power, but is useless unless
so treated since its speed is so low.  Normally it's only around ISO 25.

A well exposed and developed 35mm tech pan negative can easily be enlarged
to 16 x 20 and look as sharp as a 4 x 5 Tri-X negative printed the same
size.

The hard part is finding someone who can develop it for you.  A good pro lab
should be able to handle it.  If you do B&W processing yourself, read the
instruction sheet carefully, decide what exposure index you want to use and
go for it.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".