RE: [OM] Photo gallery

Subject: RE: [OM] Photo gallery
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:50:22 +0200
Hi,

> REALLY nice shots.

Thanks for your nice comments guys!!! :)))

> You've obviously taken time and patience to do these.

Yes, patience is a key-factor in the type of photography I like doing best.
Despite comments of my travel companions about me taking forever to take a
picture, I actually don't mind waiting half an hour to get a picture
_without_ tourists, which would otherwise be ruined. Some good examples of
that are the pictures from Machu Picchu and some of the pics from Japan
(esp. "Drift away gate", ask Tomoko just how many tourists appear at that
temple in the middle of the cherry blossom season ;) ).

> Your "Sky Lantern" (shot of the Eiffel Tower silhouetted by a shaft
> of sunlight) is awesome.

Thanks! :)
Interestingly enough Greg Logiodice also specifically mentioned that one.
For me, taking pictures is all about 4 factors:
1-Light;
2-Patience;
3-Timing;
4-Luck.

The "Sky Lantern" picture is a fine example of factors number 1, 3 and 4. It
was a _very_ lucky break that such a lighting condition occured exactly when
I was on top of that building. Typically, these conditions don't last long,
so I had to make sure to take several shots (which is where the timing comes
into play).

> Mind if I link from the Oly Gallery sometime?

Not at all, I would love that. As we discussed before I'd like to find a
nice way of migrating (some of) my pictures to the Unofficial Oly Gallery.
Maybe we could put some of them on that page and then link to mine for the
rest, or just duplicate all the images to your page. Let's work this out via
e-mail, o.k.?

Cheers!
Olafo