Re: [OM] IS-30

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-30
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:45:36 -0700
Per;

You are correct on both counts. Those are the converters mentioned.
(They only tested with the 210.)  And they also said quality was knocked
down 'about one grade'.  But the 210 can only be used with the lens at
110, so, according to the tests, tour example of out~ to ex~ does not
apply :>(  As with all zooms, the performance of this one drops off at
the long end and has outsatanding ratings only at 28 and 65.  So with
the converter, you'd be going from "very good" and "good" to "good" and
"acceptable". And, according to the chart, F/16 is the aper to use, it's
very good at both center and corner.

George