RE: [OM] for sale, was Soligor lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] for sale, was Soligor lenses
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:45:00 -0400
Some Soligors and Vivitars were made by the same companies.  This was
especially true with the T-4 lenses and some of the TX products.
I recently had a conversation with an ex-Soligor salesman.  He says they
were always taught that Vivitar products were Soligor rejects.  Then he
changed companies and found out the truth...
Soligor C/D lenses were an attempt to compete with Vivitar's Series 1.  Some
were pretty good, others, like any product line were OK.  It always seemed
to me, as I competed with them, that Soligor (AIC) was much more of a
follower than a leader.
Brian P. Huber

bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH