Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and support

Subject: Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and support
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:14:01 +0000
At 18:58 6/27/99 , Daryl wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:50:30 +0000 "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>writes:
[snip]
>>"true" EI is 100 with slightly different color balance giving reasonable
>>skin tones.  It doesn't take much reading between the lines to realize
[snip]
>scenery and underwater photography." They also specifically state, "When
>you want natural skin tones, we recommend Elite Chrome 100 or 200."
>
>Daryl Hurley

Yep . . . my sentiments also if you're shooting a lot of people up close.
I've shot two rolls of the new mondo color Elitechrome and one roll of
E100VS (120).  Skin tones are "reasonable" and better than Velvia's under
good lighting and careful exposure, but Elitechrome 100 (sans the mondo
color) does better . . . it's more forgiving on lighting and exposure.  If
you are faced (pun intended) with some skin tones using it, do *not*
underexpose.  As the skin tones darken with slight underexposure they gain
a slight yellow/orange cast.

When you do shoot it, I recommend you try some frames in bright sunlight
and some under heavy overcast or deep shade.  It will behave a little
differently under both circumstances.

-- John