[OM] More Olympus in the news.........

Subject: [OM] More Olympus in the news.........
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:57:55 -0500
The July/August issue of American PHOTO included its "Editor's choice" of photo
gear for 1999 and Olympus was mentioned a few times:
Editor's Choice 35mm:
   1) Nikon F100
   2) Olympus OM2000
      "The Olympus OM2000 won't do a thing for you- and if you
       really want to learn your craft that's just as well...."
       - Excerpt American PHOTO Editor's comments.
   3) Nikon Pronea S
   4) Canon EOS-3
   5) Canon EOS Rebel 2000
   6) Sigma SA-5
   7) Minolta Maxxum 9
   8) Contax Aria
   Mentioned but not ranked: Hasselblad XPan

Editor's Choice P&S:
   1) Konica Z-up 120 VP
   2) Rollei Prego 70 Data
   3) Olympus Infinity Stylus Zoom 80 Wide DLX (Longest name award ;~})
      "At the 28 mm setting- a rare and valuable asset on a point-and-shoot..."
       - Excerpt American PHOTO Editor's comments.
   4) Minolta Freedom Zoom Supreme EX
   5) Samsung Evoca 140S
   6) Pentax IQZoom 105WR
   7) Canon Sure Shot 105 Zoom
   8) Contax T VS II

Editor's choice lenses:
   No Zuikos made it! {:~0   Maybe we should send them a couple!

Editor's Choice APS P&S:
   1) Kodak Advantix T550
   2) Yashica Acclaim Profile Zoom 4000ix  (Jeez, what's up with the names?)
   3) Samsung Impax 210i
   4) Fujifilm Endeavor 1000ix MRC Tiara
   5) Olympus iZoom 75
      " The iZoom 75 even manages to squeeze in a diopter correction control..."
       - Excerpt American PHOTO Editor's comments.
   6) Rollei Nano 80
   7) Canon Elph 370Z
   8) Minolta Vectis 300 Beam "me up Scotty"
   Mentioned but not ranked: Nikon Nuvis S

Editor's choice Digital P&S:
   1) Nikon CoolPix 950
   2) Sony Cyber-shot
   3) Kodak DC265
   4) Fujifilm MX-2700
   5) Minolta Dimage EX Zoom 1500
   6) Olympus C-2000 Zoom
      "The camera's multimode flash...set it to fire at the beginning or end of
the exposure. This may be the first time we've seen rear curtain sync...."
       - Excerpt American PHOTO Editor's comments.
   7) Epson PhotoPC 750Z
   8) Kodak DCS 315

Editor's choice Digital P&S:
    Not yet. Perhaps in the near future?