[OM] Motor Drive 2 fails rewinding? / M.15V Ni-Cd battery pack?

Subject: [OM] Motor Drive 2 fails rewinding? / M.15V Ni-Cd battery pack?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:57:39 +0200
I just acquired a Motor Drive 2, M.15V Control Pack and M.15V Charger for a nice
price (f.275). The battery needs replacing.
Question 1: should I order the battery from Olympus, or are there other (and
probably more economic) sources?

The other problem I have that the drive works (I have the M.18V Control Grip),
except that it does not rewind. When I operate the rewind lever on the drive
after pressing the film reease button on the camera I hear the motor, but no
film is rewound. When I operate this lever off-camera, I notice two things
happen: (1) a small switch turns anti-clockwise (2) a stift that looks as if it
could engage the rewind spool comes up. However, when I look at the bottom of my
OM-3, OM-4 and OM-4Ti all I see is a blind hole that does not have any rewind
mechanism. Does the bottom need a modification for Motor Drive2, or is there a
cap that can be removed, and if so, is this DIY job, or is the Motor Drive
malfunctioning?

hnz