Re: [OM] Brand new OM2n Owner Has Perplexing Focus Question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand new OM2n Owner Has Perplexing Focus Question.
From: Cloudgif@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:38:39 EDT

<< How do the pictures look?  What focusing screen are we talking about? >>
Shot one test roll yesterday when bought camera: images are crisp but where
dof is critical not in same plane that I used to focus on w/ split image.
Don't know which screen. But it looks as you describe  1-13

>>The microprism of the 1-13 screen (the ring surrounding the split-image) is
much harder to judge IMO than the split-image. That's my experience, someone
else will have a different experience probably.  For me, even the matte is
easier to focus than the microprism.  I'm not sure which you mean by "ground
glass."<<

Agreed. I 'confirmed' by panning slightly and placing subject in matte. I
don't think that it is difficult to focus with either method in bright light.

It has been suggested  by Acer Victoria  (siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) that the
problem might be related to the fact that I wear glasses.  (I have never had
the problem with my ole'  F3.

Thanks
C.

Joel Wilcox