Re: [OM] RS1000 & ADITL question, was: Sunny 16?

Subject: Re: [OM] RS1000 & ADITL question, was: Sunny 16?
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:23:30 +0100
Siri wrote:
>> Is it true that Agfa no longer make RS1000?
>Correct, only 50/100/200. And a shame it is, too; I enjoyed the 1000.
>'course, now that I have Provia 1600 I don't mind all that much... ;-)

The problem is that Provia 1600 is a very good slide film, whereas Agfa
RS1000 was more for artistic interpretation than realism :-)  Like the old
Scotch 1000 film, it was incredibly grainy (and all the grains were
different colours) - like Richard S said, it was "pointilistic".  Seems the
only way to get that effect now is with Photoshop or a grain screen....

>But, Kodak makes Gold-Supreme-Mega-Wonderful-[whatever] 1000...
>Though I have never been a fan of Kodak col neg films at all, so I won't
>try it.... Especially after they called their new film "Ultra"... How
>disrespectful!!! Name one of their cr**y films after one of the most
>enjoyable Agfa films ever!!!!!

Never tried the faster print films.  Actually, that's not true - just
remembered I tried some Konica 1600 once.  More pointilism ;-)

Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England
rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx