Re: [OM] Sunny 16?OT re. loony f/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunny 16?OT re. loony f/4
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:39:47 EDT

> True, but the loony/f4 rule is for taking *moonlit objects*, not the moon
>  itself.  So if there's half a moon, there's half as much light illuminating
>  the scene, hence +1 stop.
>
>  Cheers
>  Richard

Maybe, and I'm not talking with any scientific knowledge here, the difference
in reflected light is greater than 1/2 between the full moon and half moon
because in a full moon the light is reflected back to the viewer but for a
1/2 moon the light is reflected to earth at an angle. Hence, there is a 2
stop difference between full and half moon illuminated exposures.

Just guessing...

Who wants to test this?  I'll just use my OM2 I guess.

Warren