[OM] Tamron Question

Subject: [OM] Tamron Question
From: Chris Johns <lc-johns@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:28:42 -0500
You guys are Soooo smart, I can hardly believe my good fortune to have
stumbled upon you. Here's one for you:

I am aware that SOME Tamron lenses are 'SP' lenses, and I know that stands
for 'super performance'. But that doesn't mean much to me at the moment.
What did Tamron DO to make it super performance, and is this a good thing,
bad thing, or of no consequence.

Second, is there some point in time that this SP happened to (which?)
Tamron lenses? For instance, there are Tamron 90mm macros that are SP and
some don't mention this. It occurred to me that they might ALL be SP
lenses, and that some folks/businesses like to mention this and others not.
Or are there both SP and non-SP versions of the same 90mm macro?

Thanks for all your wonderful insightfullness!!

Chris