[OM] Rubinar 500mm/5.6 Macro Lens

Subject: [OM] Rubinar 500mm/5.6 Macro Lens
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:03:01 -0400
This morning there was a post to fj.rec.photo on this mirror lens which has been
mentioned recently on this list.

What I understand is that in Japan there is a store in Tokyo which is
specializing
in Russian lenses and cameras.  What they do is that not only they do sell
several Rubinars in M42 mount but also would do a conversion of the lens to a
specific camera mount using the Kenko M42P1 to camera mount adapter.   I may
have to reread the description again to be more precise.

Here is a site where they show the lens mounted on a Pentax.  The author of this
site mentions that with the OM body, the shutter speed dial on the mount makes
it harder to operate the lens.

http://www.os.rim.or.jp/~rey_k/hihoo/hihoo_item/rubinar/rubinar.html#refine

Sorry that everything is in Japanese, but the article is just too long to do any
translation.  He gives several diagrams and his sample photos, which were not as
good as the one Mathias Wilke showed us.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/