Re: [OM] MR-9 Battery Adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] MR-9 Battery Adapter
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:00:40 -0500
John Williams wrote:
>Hi, is there an alterate source for this Batter Adapter?  Is it available
>from Olympus? If so, how much including shipping.  CRIS charges $7.00 for
>shipping which seems excessive considering the size.

Hi John,

About a year ago I sent an e-mail to Olympus asking what alternatives I
have to power my OM-1n.  Here's the reply:

     Thank you for your inquiry.
     The 1.3 volt mercury battery has been outlawed in most states through
     out the country, due to environmental concerns.  It is possible,
     however, to use a 1.5 silver oxide battery in the OM-1 camera, with
     the new Olympus Battery Adapter MR-9. The MR-9 fits into the battery
     compartment and reduces both the voltage and amp output to the
     required levels for safe use. The part number is OT3102 and has a list
     price of $ 30.00, plus shipping and handling. It can be purchased
     directly from our Parts Departments with a Visa and MasterCard. You
     can call them directly at 1 800 622 6372 ( ext. 1620 ).

I presume Olympus gets it from CRIS and puts their name on it.  I opted not
to get it right away since I still have a couple of mercury cells which
should last me for another 3 - 4 years.

Bill Rice
Round Lake, IL  USA