[OM] OMs @ the Lone Cypress

Subject: [OM] OMs @ the Lone Cypress
From: Jerry Stackhouse <jstack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:03:32 -0400
I saw a chain of posts a little while back that mentioned that a Japanese
company owned the Lone Cypress and the rights to it's image. Some folks
mentioned that the company prevented images of the tree from being
captured. Not true. Hundreds of pictures were being snapped by a gaggle of
tourists - myself included.

The image of the tree is the symbol of the Pebble Beach Company - owners of
the golf course and other things.The tree is not looking real good. I'll
compare the images after they are developed with the one's I took 10 years
ago. Don't get me wrong, the site is spectacular. However, there are cables
stretched between the branches of the tree to hold the branches together.
Kind of detracts from the natural beauty - if you know what I mean. I guess
they could be taken out during the creation of the print.

Anyway, I saw a lot of folks using OM 1s, 2s, and a boat load of 10s all
over nothern California. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of them
out there and still in use.