[OM] Time Exposure with the OM2000

Subject: [OM] Time Exposure with the OM2000
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:35:52 -0400
As I was reading a post by a Japanese scientist on leave from the Univ. of Tokyo
in France, see my FS post regarding a used camera fair near Paris, he mentioned
something interesting.  Quite contrary to what a number of people regarded as a
nuisance on the 2000, the shutter-lock mechanism on this camera is a plus for
astrophotographers according to him.

He said that this trick is to do time exposure by locking the shutter after it
was depressed while the shutter dial is at the Bulb position.  How?  The OM2000
has a notorious film-advance lever which needs to be moved forward before the
shutter can be released.  When the shutter speed is at B, depress the shutter
button as usual after unlocking the shutter-release button by moving the lever
toward you.  Then while you depress the shutter-release button, move the lever
back to lock the shutter-release button.  Unlock the button by moving the lever
forward after a desired time exposure

In other words the button can be locked when the button is depressed as well as
when the button is undepressed.

Has anyone tried this time exposure method?

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/