[OM] Eclips info

Subject: [OM] Eclips info
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:55:11 +0100

Hello all,

I have planned my hollyday so that  I will be able to see the total solar eclips
on 11-08-99. Of course I want to take some pictures of it. I even bought a book
about the happening. In this book I only found some info about exposing the
corona and the sun close to the total phase.

I would however want to take some pictures of all phases. Can anyone recommend
some exposure settings? Is a filter neccesary? (I guess it is, maybe even to
protect the lens and inside of the body against too much direct sunlight.

Some of you should be able to give me some hints because they have seen at least
one eclipse before, or even more because you visit all eclipses as a part of
your job.

Also I would like to know if other listmembers are planning to see the eclipse
and where they will go. I will be going to Germany, a little village called
Waldfischbach between Kaiserslautern and Pirmasens. The camping itself is not
exactly in the middle of the totality zone, but I will be there a week before
the eclips and have plenty of time to find a good location. How important is it
anyhow to be in the middle of the totality zone (exept for the loger duration of
the eclips) The camping is about halfway the center and the edge.

All info appreciated.

Wiliam