[OM] Oly Digital Cameras was Sacrilege

Subject: [OM] Oly Digital Cameras was Sacrilege
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 21:23:19 -0400
Susan <DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx> spoke of heresy as she wondered:

>Is there an Oly digital forum such as we have here for OM?? I'm actually
>thinking of grabbing an Oly 400Z.
I don't mind talking about it.  Olympus and other manufacturers began putting
more photographic features on the affordable digital cameras.  To that end, we
need to be aware of photographic features available on each offering plus the
digital ramifications thereof.

There is a place called http://www.imaging-resource.com/ where a number of
digital cameras are compared.  You might want to check on what they have to say
and what others were saying.

The Oly 400Z, though, has one problem I hear which Olympus remedied on the
C2000zoom.  That is too many buttons to push if I remember correctly.

You need to tell us what you are going to use your digital camera for.  As you
might have noticed, Olympus is putting a 2 Mpixel P&S called the C21 which will
be on the market in September in Japan.  There is also the C2500 model coming
up.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Olympus does plan to celebrate their 80th
anniversary with a number of things still unannounced, this according to the
latest issue of Olympus Photography, the Olympus Camera Club magazine.  They are
planning a big celebration event titled "Olympus Technology Fair 80" presumably
in October.

If you can delay your digital camera purchasing to the end of this year, or at
least to October, you might have a larger variety of digital (and regular
photographic ?) cameras to choose from.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/