RE: [OM] List of OM items I've put up on Ebay...

Subject: RE: [OM] List of OM items I've put up on Ebay...
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:09:39 -0500
Just an attempt to let list members know that some serviceable OM equipment
is available. Believe it or not, some list members are appreciative. And I
am no vendor - this is the first time I have tried to sell any of my
under-utilised camera equipment anywhere.

I kind of doubt I could 'make' anyone spend more than they wanted to spend
for an item, listed on Ebay or not.

As for 'making money' - not likely. The 50mm f/1.4 lens is one I bought on
Ebay for $90.00, only later finding out about its flaws which were not
disclosed. I'll be lucky to sell it for $40-$50 since I am disclosing what
IS wrong with it.

Your point about offering it on the list first is well taken, I should have
done so. It is hard, though, to establish a fair value for some of this
stuff, and Ebay is just an efficient way to do it.

Best Regards,
Chip