[OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!

Subject: [OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:28:27 +0200
Thanks for all those replied to my original post about bloced shutter.
It was pleasant surprise for me that that much peoples replied to
me...

Yesterday as it happened I tried battery test - is was OK. I changed
the batteries after it but I had at home only lithium batteries, not
used but several months old. The test was again OK but shutter stays
blocked. Today I bought fresh SR44 and changed it. The shutter stays
blocked. I tried to clean contacts - and that ugly shutter is still
blocked ...
And battery test is OK and if I put the mirror down I see all data and
it looks to me measuring OK ...

I do not know what to do it now. I can bring it to the reapair shop -
my firends here say that there are very knowledgeable man, but he will
not have any replacement parts (it is authorised workshop for Minolta,
Practica, Pentacon, Kiev, Metz and may be for more brands, but not for
Olympus). Do you think it is worth to try to show it there or better
possibility is send it immediately to authorised workshop for Olympus
in Prague (Czech)?

Gejza Dunay
Slovak republic