Re: [OM] Flash questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash questions
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:48:40 EDT

> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>   I have a 283 which I've only ever used on my OM-1.  It is startling to
>   hear that it might fry my OM-2s.  Can anyone verify Paul's statement?
>   Can anyone say why this is so?
>   --
The trigger voltage in older Vivitar 283 is about 600 volts, while the newer
ones have lower voltages.  While the higher voltages worked best for
mechanical sync switches, they are very harmful to transistor circuits such
as EOS, which works at a 6 volt level. I don't know what is harmful to an
OM2s or OM4.

Warren