Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:01:21 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/99 7:22:57 AM EST, weiss@xxxxxxx writes:

<< > A loose 2S shoe is not meant to be fixed by the owner.

 Is the message that Every Owner = incompetent ?

        You know me, I can't resist butting in......

        I think the answer and meaning is similar to what I would expect from
the auto        mechanic  if I called up and asked him to explain to me how
to repair my    transmission...
        1.- He'd assume, rightly so, that the "average" owner can't complete
a repair such           as this.
        2.- He's in business to do repairs, so why should he take the time
from his                business day to explain to me how to do it myself?
        3. He'd probably be concerned if I ruined the trans or gotten hurt
while following his     instructions, that I'd sue him for injury or loss.

George S.