Re: [OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:54:07 -0400
Good batteries should reset the shutter automatically.  Sometimes  when you
get shutter lock in the 2s/4, going to battery check might make the shutter
fire, but that is not specifically meant to reset the shutter (it does in
the 2N).

Sometimes the shutter stays open (a variation of shutter lock ((mirror up
though with shutter jammed open)), going to battery check in this case draws
all the power  that would keep the magnet charged which is holding the
shutter open, causing the shutter to close.

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121