Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:39:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/99 12:20:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Biggest problem for me is that it
 is a real pain to make an exposure compensation >>
Chip, I too felt that i had to have a way to compensate...more important to
me than a zoom.Thanks for your input!
Susan
PS- I think the thing that surprised me most when comparing the (1280x960)
400z vs. the C2000 (1600x???) on the site Tomoko provided was the difference
that the additional resolution made to the color saturation. Now, in
retrospect, it makes perfect sense, but previously I seemed to think that it
would only affect clarity. I suspect I would be happy with the resolution of
the D340 for my needs, but metering and compensation are just too fundamental
to "good photography" for me to no longer have those options.
I forgot to tell you all what I use this p&s for...one of my retail stores is
a window treatment specialty store...the usual shades, shutters, blinds in
addtion to custom creations (a la swags, drapes, etc) I attend a multitude of
conferences and trade shows yearly and take hundreds of pictures of new
product, as well as pictures of each job after it is installed for a customer
"decorating book". I sometimes take my OM's on the job in the larger homes
(where i need a really wide angle), but never to the shows as I don't want to
damage or drop them. Also the weight is a factor. Digital will help me on the
initial sales call when measuring (to have for reference....hence not having
to return to re-measure or look at something I missed.) 'Twould be loverly!
Now if I could just afford a shift lens for my OM's......  :=)