[OM] OM 10 meter switching

Subject: [OM] OM 10 meter switching
From: David_low <ghb04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 09:35:14 +0100
Hi all,

I quick question relating to the OM-10 camera body, which I use as a backup or
semi
point-and-shoot.

When you leave the metering on, the unit switches itself off (led display),
after some
pre-determined interval. You are supposed to be able to re-activate the display
by
touching the shutter release button. This body doesn't do that, and in fact you
have
to turn power off then on again, so presumably a fault somewhere?

The automatic function works ok, i.e. exposure control operates as it should,
power
off or on.

Anyone know if this is a simple fault, or should I meander down the used camera
emporium and buy another body, (cheap enough).

This fault would of course occur at the Hampton Court Flower Show preview
evening when
the 'great and good' where out in force. Wearing an evening suit, I wasn't
inclined to
lug around my 4ti, and loose it somewhere. Thankfully the picture came out ok
on the
om-10.

BTW local camera shop has a mint in box 28mm f2.8 Zuiko lens for £49.00
sterling, is
this a good lens?, and price?. My existing w/angle isn't Olympus (Tamron). Am
tempted,
but need some nudging

David Low