Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 12:28:33 +0200
Jan Steinman schrieb:

> There are three kinds of people in this world: those who make things
> happen, those who watch things happen, and those who look up and say, "What
> happened?" :-)

As far as only an hobby is concerned, I prefer the second opinion. Other
people might volunteer for technology "beta tests" and pay for the privilege
to play "avantgarde".
Top technology minus 1 seems to be more reliable and cost saving
especial with digital technology.

When 35mm photography was invented by Oskar Barnack, the objective was to
create an camera for the the biggest storage media know until today.

Digital photography is still searching for an apropiate storage media, there
are "Smart medias", "Compact flash", "Memory sticks", "PCMCIA", "PC cards",
harddisks, 3 1/4 floppies and the industry is bussy to invent new versions.
The situation for digital today is comparable to the times of daguerreotype
and glas negativs.

Digital photography compared with 35mm film photography is like comparing
an frontloader v.s. an HK MP3.

Regards

Richard