Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:40:58 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/99 2:15:23 PM EST, weiss@xxxxxxx writes:

<< May I still offer that some repairs are well within the scope of various
camera
 hobbyists; I did not particularly care
 for a camera repairman to tell me "Your  just not supposed to go inside".
That
 statement without clarification
 seems arrogant to me especially from a repairperson. I could have used a
 *helpful* response such as
 "You know, I wouldn't advise it. I repair them and there are 1200 gears and
 twelve pulleys in 14cc of space.
 But here are qualified repair centers in addition to  my own".

        Can you PLEEZE put this back and forth whining to bed already? You
sound like my kids when they get tired and cranky.
        If you HAD lurked a while, or even searched the archives, you'd see
that John doesn't post 1200 word messages. He comments directly on the topic.
I never took that to be arrogance, just a businessperson with little precious
time to waste. The fact that he bothers at all to answer our questions is
proof enough that he's not arrogant. You're just trying to justify your
childish whining by blaming everyone else. It's gotten old very quickly.
Enough is enough. (And, I'm sure, like most cranky children you'll have to
post the last word...)

George S.